CSA Membership Agreement
By completing the checkout process on our website you are agreeing to become a member of Jot & Tittle Farms CSA for the period that you pay for. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless you cancel.
Members will provide monetary resources in exchange for produce from Jot & Tittle Farms. This allows us to have a mutually beneficial relationship with our members that ensure the sustainability of healthy, local food production on our farm that we can then pass on to our members. The CSA provides a way for farmers to have capital throughout the year to plant seeds for produce that will be ready for consumption and sale at some point in the future without having to go into debt. We believe that it is wisdom to do business by saving cash first and then investing where needed, rather than be burdened with debt to a bank. Instead, we are indebted to our CSA members and we take that very seriously. CSA members are what make small-scale, local farming possible.
Jot & Tittle Farms will provide produce and/or other homemade items from the farm to all its CSA members during the current growing season. This will be done in exchange for a contribution dependent on the members selected membership type. The subscription sizes and prices are as follows: Standard box with items selected by the farmer for pick up: $15.00 per week. Customizable box with items selected by the customer for pick up: $20.00 per week. Home delivery option: $5.00 per week added to price of subscription.
For whatever level of membership is chosen, members will receive a CSA box filled with local produce each week. Each box will vary in the amount and type of produce as it is dependent upon the harvest of the week. Jot & Tittle Farms will produce many vegetable varieties during the growing season, however the weekly availability of vegetables will vary due to the weather, biology, and other variables, many of which are unpredictable. Jot & Tittle Farms cannot promise the delivery of any certain item on any specific date.
All subscriptions will be charged on the order deadline date. This date will vary depending on your chosen pick up location or home delivery day. If payment is not received by the order deadline, delivery of subscription will be withheld. However, we know things happen…we’ll reach out to you if payment is unsuccessful and work with you on a resolution. Membership is subject to cancellation after two unsuccessful payments.
If you are dissatisfied with your subscription for any reason, please contact us either by phone or email. We would love the opportunity to make things right. However, you do have the right to cancel your subscription should you choose. Please review the below policies:
If you pay weekly and wish to cancel your subscription, please contact us by phone or email before your next order deadline and we will stop delivery and charges for all forthcoming deliveries.
If you pay monthly or quarterly and wish to cancel your subscription, you MUST contact us within 7 days of payment for a prorated refund of your remaining subscription. If subscription is cancelled after 7 days from your last payment, no refunds will be issued.
A CSA is about commitment to a local farmer and our commitment to you. The majority of subscription funds go toward farm management, operations, and improvement so that we can continually serve our subscribers with high quality, high demand, nutrient-dense food. If you have purchased a Farm Membership and no longer want to receive your share, and your refund window has expired, you can sell it to a friend or donate it and inform us of the change (we can arrange the donation if you like).
CSA Rules of Conduct
1. I agree to arrive at my pick-up location on time or give advanced notification if I am unable to do so. I also understand that the CSA has a tight schedule they must adhere to and that they are unable to wait past designated times.
2. If I am unable to pick-up my box at the designated time and do not contact the CSA to make alternate arrangements before my scheduled pick-up time that my box will be donated and I am still responsible for payment.
3. If I pick-up from the Farm, I agree to come only on the designated pick up day and times. If I am unable to pick up my box on the designated day and do not contact the CSA to make alternate arrangements before my scheduled day I agree that my box will be donated and I am still responsible for payment.
4. If I opt for home delivery, and cannot be home to receive it, I will designate a place on my property for my produce to be dropped off (preferably an ice chest with ice packs placed in a shady location to keep the produce cool and fresh) as Jot & Tittle Farms is not liable for produce once it has been delivered.
5. I understand that the CSA does not spray undesirable chemicals on the produce and that the produce may not look perfect, and may contain a blemish. Jot & Tittle Farms makes every effort to wash, sort and quality check our produce, but there may be some residual dirt, and sometimes I may find a clover or two, and possibly even a bug.
6. I understand that the CSA does their absolute best to pick the highest quality produce to put in the boxes, and try not to include any items that are “bad” however they are human and may make mistakes or overlook things.
7. If there is any item that is questionable, I will let Jot & Tittle Farms know within 48 hours, and I will give them the opportunity to make it right by providing me with another available item at no cost to me.
8. I understand that by becoming a member I am sharing in the risk and rewards of the growing season. I realize there can be issues related to harvest and bounty that may preclude produce from being delivered. That of pests, blights, weather, and other unforeseen circumstances.
9. I will automatically be added to Jot & Tittle Farms email list and I promise to stay subscribed to it for as long as I am a paying member of the CSA.
Last updated March 30, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Jot & Tittle Farms, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering your account on our website, or contact us expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, last name; current and former address; phone numbers; email addresses; and other similar data.
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect financial information (credit card number, purchase history, invoices); and other similar data.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We do not sell, rent or give out our email list, customer list or any personal or financial information to anyone.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
5. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
? Log into your account settings and update your user account.
7. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
8. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Jot & Tittle Farms, LLC
11045 Savoy rd
St. Amant, LA 70774
*I have read all of the above and understand the membership agreement. I understand and agree to pay for and pick up/receive delivery of my CSA box each week during the season. If I do NOT pick up my box on my designated day, I understand that it will not be held for a later date (and I understand I will still be responsible for the cost, and receive the blessing of donating my box to a needy family that day).
We encourage you to print and save this page for future reference.
Terms are subject to change without notice.